Please take the time to read these helpful guidelines we have compiled to assist you with getting the most enjoyment out of your HoW products, and to ensure you use them safely.
- Never leave your burning candle unattended
- Keep your candle away from children and pets
- On your first burn, allow the wax to burn all the way to the edge of the vessel (approximately 3-4 hours)
- Always burn your candle on a level heat resistant surface and away from drafts
- Ensure your candle wick is trimmed to approximately 5mm before each burn as it reduces the soot that can omit from the wick. Your candle omitting some soot is a natural occurrence when using natural cotton wicks and it can be easily wiped away with a damp cloth once the candle has cooled and wax has hardened.
- Do not burn your candle for any longer than 4 hours at a time
- Allow your candle to cool completely before moving it or re-lighting
- Only burn your candle down to the last 1/4 inch to prevent glass cracking
- Store your candle in a cool dry area and avoid placing in direct sunlight
About our candles
We believe strongly in sourcing products that are Eco-friendly and natural, which is why we choose a wax that is manufactured through sustainable methods using natural soy bean and coconut. Our wax is free from herbicides and pesticides, and contains no paraffin. Because our wax is biodegradable, it means that burning our candles are an environmentally friendly choice and are better for you.
All of our fragrances are also made right here in Australia through our Australian manufacturers, and include percentages of the highest quality essential oils. We ensure that all the raw materials that go into making our products are ethically sourced, Australian made, are of the highest quality, and free from petrochemicals, phthalates, and parabens.
Our candles are Vegan / Kosher / Cruelty free.
Reed Diffuser Care Instructions
- Twist the lid to remove, and then carefully remove the plug from the bottle.
- Place the reeds into the bottle and allow them to sit for 10 minutes to absorb the liquid, before flipping them to increase the intensity of the fragrance.
- Flip the reeds weekly to keep the fragrance smelling strong.
- Keep the diffuser out of direct sunlight, drafts and heat to increase its life span.
- Take care when disposing of unused diffuser liquid as it is toxic to aquatic life.
Reed Diffuser Safety Instructions
- Avoid contact with eyes and skin.
- Always wear gloves when handling (flipping) reeds, and wash hands thoroughly if they come into contact with diffuser liquid.
- Do not consume diffuser liquid, and seek immediate emergency medical advise if this happens.
- Keep your diffuser away and out of reach from children and pets, and place in a position that is unlikely to get knocked.
- People suffering from perfume sensitivity should be cautious when using this product
- Liquid is flammable. Keep away from direct sources of heat, flames, and electrical equipment
- Do not light reeds.
- Do not allow liquid to come into contact with any textiles or finished surfaces. Contact between liquid and other surfaces will cause damage. Diffuser liquid will cause damage to the diffuser lid and label if it comes into contact, so take care when flipping reeds so that it does not drip.
- ALWAYS flip diffuser reeds over a kitchen or bathroom sink to minimise the risk of accidental damage to surfaces.
- Wipe spills immediately with a damp cloth.
Failure to follow these safety instructions could result in harm to a person or damage to property.